Friday, February 29, 2008

Another GREAT recipe!!! And oh so EASY!!!

Roast Sticky Chicken -Rotisserie Style

This is my new favorite chicken recipe...super easy...especially if you do it the way I do....read below in the parenthesis. You will for sure be loving it! I just had to share with you all!




INGREDIENTS
4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 onions, quartered
2 (4 pound) whole chickens


DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Remove and discard giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken cavity, and pat dry with paper towel. Rub each chicken inside and out with spice mixture. Place 1 onion into the cavity of each chicken. Place chickens in a resealable bag or double wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 to 6 hours.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
Place chickens in a roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 5 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Let the chickens stand for 10 minutes before carving.

(I actually just rub the chickens with the spices above and also some butter, under the skin and on top...be generous with the seasonings...then I put the chicken in an oven bag, place it in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1.5 hours...depends on size of chicken...4 lbs =1.5 hours in my oven....and it turns out super moist, tender and DELICIOUS!!! ....this just makes it that much easier without any difference in taste...I've done it both ways) Try it...I am sure you will love it too!

2 comments:

Valeri said...

I am making this tomorrow night and am so excited. It is the same recipe you did the night we came over, right?

I'm sorry I've been so horrible about staying in touch. We've had a ton going on. We will be gone all of next week, but the following week we'd love to have you guys over. I'll give you a call.

wildthayn said...

This is my new favorite recipe now too! Thanks for posting it.