Wednesday, December 5, 2007

He's Here :)















Mason James was born on November 20, 2007 at 2:56 a.m.. He weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz. and was 20 inches long. He's just perfect. We are having so much fun having him around. What a big blessing this little guy is!

Here's the story:

I headed to my dreaded 41 week ultrasound appointment at 3:00p.m. on Monday November 19th. They of course said that my fluid levels were low and they were going to have to induce me that evening.

I was actually relieved...just tired of being pregnant. So, we headed over to the hospital and they started me on pitocin a little bit after 6:00p.m....the nurse was SO SLOW....we had been there since 4 p.m..

Once the pitocin was causing me to have regular contractions, the baby's heart rate would drop significantly with each contraction....also, after a few hours....I was not dialating very well, which was quite strange. My last two pregnancies were induced and they were rather fast....this one was not....something was wrong. I, of course, started to worry. C-section was not a word I wanted to hear. They took me off pitocin...then put me back on to see if things would change.

My midwife was starting to get quite concerned about the progression we were making. I could tell by the look on her face as she carefully watched the monitor as I had each contraction.

So, by about 2:30am I had dialated to almost an 8. The baby wasn't doing any better. The only thing we could to was to try and push this little guy out. So, amazingly enough, after only a couple pushes, I was able to push little Mason out. His cord was wrapped around his neck (which was the reason I wasn't progressing well because each time I had a contraction, he couldn't press down enough on the cervix to move his little body on down.) Anyway, I can't tell you how relieved I was that things went okay and he came out screaming. I felt so very blessed!!!

Here are some pictures of him....I hope you enjoy. He is just a little sweetheart.

10 comments:

Becca said...

Yeah Manya!!! I am so glad that little Mason has arrived. He is adorable and you look great.

Valeri said...

What a beautiful little boy! I LOVE the picture of Jack and Mason in the crib. So cute! How are you holding up?

Lysandra said...

I love how cute all of your babies are! They grow quickly though! Good look. Glad everyone is happy and healthy.

Balser said...

He is just perfect! So cute and tiny! I am glad everything went well! I bet your other kiddos are just loving him! Have fun and good luck! April

The Addams Family said...

We're so glad to hear that everything went well! I love the picture of Mason and Jack in the crib together. What a beautiful family you have!

wildthayn said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful baby!!! I'm glad he's so sweet and fun. Enjoy!

Hunter Family said...

Congratulations David and Manya! He's just precious! I love his name...Mason James was the name we had picked out for Allyson if she had been a boy! We are really happy for you guys!

Twinkies said...

Congrats manya!!! He is so handsome already. I bet your happy not to be pregnant anymore. Please send any labor vibes you have left over my way!

Becca said...

Manya, how do you do all this cute stuff with your background? Teach me!

cchrissyy said...

oh my goodness! what a sweet newborn boy, and how much your little girl looks like her mom, and then to see a photo of Valeri on your blog! I admire you guys with your handyman husbands painting and fixing up furniture!


I've found blogging to be a really worthwhile way to keep a journal of our family life. come on over!
It's so nice to have "found you here" :)